MATH (Mrs. Thomas):
- Continue to work on Chapter 9
- Homework this week will be three IXL Lessons that are in your child’s recommended lessons from their MAP testing data. The students will receive their packets with the approved lessons highlighted on Monday. If they did not get to take the Math MAP test last week they will complete three Multiplication lessons of their choosing.
- There will be no Simple Solutions Quiz this week.
SCIENCE (Mrs. Thomas):
- Continue working on Minerals and starting Chapter 6 Lesson 2 on Rocks.
- I have asked each student to keep their Lesson Checks to use to study for the test we will have in the coming weeks. Please see that these are not thrown away from their Friday folders.
RELIGION (Mrs. Thomas):
- Reconciliation is Monday for both classes. Please make sure your child is prepared for this. I will have a copy of the Act of Contrition for each student before they go down.
- Finishing up monthly Stewardship and then working on Witnesses to God’s Kingdom.
ELA (Mrs. James):
- Finishing Shiloh
- Finding information in an article
- Compare and contrast the book Shiloh to the movie
WRITING (Mrs. James):
- Continue writing Young Authors stories
SOCIAL STUDIES (Mrs. James):
- Discussing how rivers helped the early settlers of Kentucky
- Kentucky’s climate
- Kentucky’s natural resources
Projects, tests, & quizzes:
Wednesday: Fast Facts
Friday: Spelling test (multiple choice)
Projects, tests, & quizzes (Tentative):
- Shiloh ch. 11-15 test Tuesday, 1/28
- Math Test Ch. 8-9 Friday, 1/24
- January 17: Optional Conferences 1:00 p.m Dismissal. If you would like to schedule a conference, please email the teacher before January 17th.
- January 27-31: Catholic Schools Week
- January 23-24 MAP Reading and Language tests for 4th grade
- 4J needs lined paper for Young Authors stories
- 4T needs loose leaf wide ruled paper